The Harvard Medical School Guide to Men’s Health: Lessons from the Harvard Men’s Health Studies (Well-Being Centre = Centre Du Mieux-Etre (Collection))
The Harvard Medical School Guide to Men’s Health assembles into a single volume a quarter-century’s worth of hard-won knowledge about men’s health — knowledge that men need to lead longer, healthier lives.
More than twenty-five years ago, researchers at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health began what have become the largest aggregate studies ever of men’s health. Tracking 96,000 American men over decades, these studies provide the ultimate resource on what keeps men healthy — and what doesn’t. The result is The Harvard Medical School Guide to Men’s Health:
• Features the most current information on the health-preserving functions of diet, exercise, and over-the-counter drugs and supplements
• Gives straight answers to questions like when drinking alcohol is beneficial and when it’s not
• Offers advice on behavior modification and stress control • Includes all the crucial information on diseases that are particularly important to men, including prostate cancer, testicular cancer, erectile dysfunction, and kidney and bladder problems
• Provides an easy-to-navigate guide to the health-care system that gives balanced views on the benefits and drawbacks of common medical tests
With the authority that only the world’s largest and best-known medical school can provide, and the lively, clear presentation that is the hallmark of Harvard Men’s Health Watch, the monthly newsletter edited by Dr. Simon, The Harvard Medical School Guide to Men’s Health is an essential reference for every man — and for everyone who cares about a man’s health.
- ISBN13: 9780684871820
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!