Relief from Neck Pains Which Arise Due to Long Hours of Sitting In Front Of a Computer
To know more on stretching, fitness, yoga, diet and meditation
These days every third person has a job in which a computer or a laptop is a must. This has helped millions of companies to achieve great productivity but at the same time workers often keep complaining about pain in their neck and shoulder. In this scenario, it becomes vital to perform some exercises for neck & shoulder muscles. There are some really easy, less time consuming and effective stretching exercises for your neck & shoulder that can help a great deal in relieving stress pain in your neck and shoulder.
To start with your neck below exercises will surely help you to forget the phrase – Pain in the neck.
* You can either sit or stand with your arms resting on the side and then turn your head on one side. Hold this position for 30-45 seconds and then rotate your head towards the other side. Do about 8-10 reps on each side.
* Another good stretching exercise for your neck, in which you have to move your head up and down. As you raise your neck from the down position (position I which you will be seeing the floor), gradually let it go up and then slightly turn it backwards such that you can see the ceiling of your room. Do about 8-10 repetitions. Instantly you will get relief from your neck pain.
* Another useful neck stretch consists of tilting your head towards your shoulder. Now move your head from one shoulder to the other and do it for about 8-10 times.
You could do the above three exercises at an interval of 2-3 minutes. For those suffering from Spondylitis, consult your doctor before you start with above stretching exercise.
When you are suffering from a pain in your neck, you are bound to have some pain in your shoulder muscles also, even if not, why not relieve the tension from your shoulder muscles also. Follow these basic shoulder stretching exercises for which you just need to dedicate 10 minutes.
* Shoulder Rolls – Roll your shoulders in a circular motion, slowly and gently. Repeat in the same in the opposite direction.
* Shrugs – Elevate both shoulders and hold them for 15 seconds. Relax. Breath out and leave them free. Repeat it for 10 times.
* Side Stretch – Both hands upwards , fingers facing the sky. Clasp hands together. Slowly, lean to one side and hold for 15 seconds. Repeat the same on the opposite side. Repeat this stretching for 10 times on each side.
Now, aren’t you feeling good, energetic and didn’t you realize that your neck pain has gone. Its fun to stay fit.
For lots more on stretching, fitness, yoga, diet and meditation check www.fitnessguidebook.com right away.